Yes indeed, I am posting a recipe now.
This recipe is a combination of a few, and some customisation.
Cheese Sauce - Ingredients:
- 2 Tbsp margarine
- 2.5 Tbsp flour
- 1 cup cream
- 1 cup milk
- 1 cup grated mature cheddar cheese
- 1 tsp cayenne pepper (optional)
Cheese Sauce - Method:
- Melt the margarine in a saucepan until it starts to bubble gently
- Slowly mix in the flour, ensuring it’s thoroughly smooth
- Very slowly, bit-by-bit, mix in the cream and milk, keeping the mixture as smooth as possible
- Once all the milk is in, you should now have a smooth creamy white sauce. Mix the the cheese and stir until melted
- At this point, you may optionally stir in the cayenne pepper, or other spices of your preference
The same cheese sauce can be used for making macaroni and cheese :).
Potato Bake - Ingredients:
- 5-6 medium-sized potatoes
- 0.5 cup onion, sliced
- 0.5 cup grated cheese
- Freshly ground salt and pepper
Potato Bake - Method:
- Pre-heat oven to 180 degrees Celsius
- Wash and slice potatoes (peeling optional - I did not peel them) into 0.5-1cm thick slices, and cover the bottom of a casserole dish with one layer
- Place a third of the onion slices on top of the potato slices and add salt and pepper
- Pour out a third of the cheese sauce over the onions and potato
- Repeat layering an additional 2 times, and top with grated cheese over the final layer of cheese sauce
- Place in the oven and bake for 1 hour
DONE. Now stuff your face!